Third party recipient user terms and conditions
Gradintelligence is a website ("Site") which is owned, designed and operated by Olivedon Limited, a company registered in England. Company registration number: 6125090, Address: The Catalyst, Baird Lane, Heslington, York, YO10 5GA.
The Gradintelligence service is delivered in partnership with Institutions who use the service to publish verified digital documents and data related to student and graduate achievements.
These are the terms and conditions (“the Terms”) which govern your use of our service. Please read them carefully.
By accessing the Site, you agree to be bound by the Terms and to follow them at all times. You may not access the Site if you are competitor to our service, unless you have contacted us personally in writing and received prior written consent.
You may not access the Site for purposes of monitoring availability, investigating functionality or for any benchmarking purposes.
By accessing the Site and/or by registering, you agree to be bound by the Terms and to follow them at all times. We may revise the Terms at any time. You should review this page regularly as any revised Terms will be binding upon you. If there are amendments or changes we consider to be of a major nature, you will be notified of these changes by email.
The purpose of the Site is to provide you (“Client”) with access to digital documents shared with you by the students and graduates using our service (“Student users”).
Clients are licensed to use the Site service based on authorisation by Student users to access their digital documents.
Access and restrictions
- Access to the Site is solely permitted for the purpose of viewing and providing feedback on shared documents and this service is free of charge.
- To access services we require you to confirm the validity of personal data provided by the Student user inviting you to access their digital documents.
- You must not pass on the document access token or digital document to any third party.
- You are responsible for any activities that occur related to the use of the document access token sent to you.
- You will not do anything that would assist a non-authorised user to gain access to any part of this Site and will notify us if you know or suspect unauthorised access.
- You will not make the Gradintelligence service available to any third party or sell, sub-license or in any way distribute access to our Site services.
- You will ensure that any data or content you post to the Site is accurate, legal and does not infringe the rights of others.
- You will ensure that your use of our service does not disrupt the integrity or performance of our service.
- You will not copy or replicate or reverse engineer in any way the features or functions of the service.
- Any contact facilitated by our services between you and Student users is a private matter in which we have no input.
You will have access to the digital documents shared with you via the service. In accessing digital
documents, you agree that:
- You will treat the personal data contained in the Document as private and confidential and will use the Document only for the purposes for which it was obtained; and
- You will maintain complete control over this Document and the information contained in this Document; and
- You will otherwise hold and use this Document, and all of the information contained in this Document, in compliance with all applicable laws, including all applicable data protection and privacy laws; and
- You will respect individual privacy rights and act at all times in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and other applicable laws.
If we wish to terminate your access to the Site, we will do so by emailing you at the address the Candidate has provided to us during data sharing request setup.
If you wish to terminate your access, you can unsubscribe by emailing the Site supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
You acknowledge and agree that we may terminate and or suspend your access to any portion of the service should you fail to comply with these terms or any other guidelines published via the Site.
Any such termination or suspension shall be at our sole discretion and will be without prior notice or explanation.
Your use of the Site will be terminated if the following conditions (non-exhaustive) are met:
- Use in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Uploading or introducing unlawful material or material which in our opinion, is pornographic, obscene, offensive, abusive, defamatory, discriminatory (on grounds of race, sex, religion or religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, age, marital status, civil partnership status or otherwise), malicious or threatening.
- Uploading or introducing false or fraudulent information.
- Deleting or revising any material posted by another person.
- Posting material that is copyrighted unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; or posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy of others.
- Post any content, links or references to other web sites that are unrelated to the specific data or documents you are reviewing via Gradintelligence.
- Inclusion of Client or third party company e-mail addresses within any communication posted to the Site.
- Use by any company, individual, partnership or body whom we believe to be in competition with us either directly or indirectly.
- Posting content which require the Candidate to provide information in relation to their racial or ethnic origin, political beliefs, philosophical or religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, sexual life, the commission of criminal offences or proceedings or age.
As per your consent, we reserve the right to monitor the Site and ensure that it is being used lawfully and in accordance with these Terms and to remove without notice any information supplied by you at our sole discretion.
You will indemnify us from all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings, including our and any third party legal costs, arising out of your use of the Site and any violation of these terms or any other rules and guidance published by Gradintelligence.
Limitation of Liability
We are a passive conductor of digital documents and data published by our Institution clients and shared with third party recipient users.
To this end we do not verify or check, in any manner, the documents or data published on this Site.
We do not accept any liability in respect of information or content provided to you through the Site.
We reserve the right to forward details to the Police, Regulatory Authorities, legislative and judicial bodies, should your use of the Site breach any applicable law or regulations or be inconsistent with these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights belong to Olivedon Ltd, our partners and licensors. You are granted a limited licence to use our service for the purposes of accessing and reviewing digital documents, but all other uses and applications are reserved.
Olivedon Ltd is the owner and/or authorised user of any trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks used or appearing within the Site, and Olivedon Ltd is the copyrights and database rights owner of the content and/or information available on or downloaded through the Site.
Olivedon Ltd does not grant any licence or other authorisation to any user of its trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, or other copyright works or other intellectual property, by placing them on the Site.
Client Information processing
You grant us the right to use your information and content to provide our service to you and to communicate any relevant service announcements.
We will also use this information in an aggregated form to provide Site statistics and for the improvement of our service.
We will retain records relating to your use of the service in perpetuity for fraud prevention and audit purposes.
We will endeavour at all times to ensure that our service is accessible to our Clients.
We will inform you in advance via a Site message of any planned maintenance activity that will affect Site access.
Customer support is available during normal UK working hours via email@example.com. We will use all reasonable endeavours to respond to queries within 8 working hours.
We do not warrant that information on our Site is complete or that it is up to date, error free, free from viruses or other defects.
We do not provide warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the correctness, reliability or accuracy of information supplied and the fitness of this Site and your use of it.
We are also not liable for any loss or damage caused by your use or misuse of the Site.
A person who is not a party to this Agreement may not enforce any of its terms under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
If any dispute arises out of these terms we will both attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Model Mediation Procedure (see www.cedr.co.uk). If we fail to agree terms of settlement within 42 days from the start of the first meeting, held under such procedure, the dispute may be referred to litigation by either party.
These conditions are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.